Carrier is spearheading the competition when it comes to complex HVAC solutions that keep the temperature from skyrocketing. Carrier’s founder holds the title of inventing modernized home cooling solutions. Carrier, as an air conditioning manufacturing company, has accumulated over a century of experience in devising cooling solutions that are compact and reliable.
Carrier air conditioners are not structured around cheap marketing gimmicks and live up to their reputation in strenuous environments. The Carrier air conditioners are based around residential usage and deliver top-tier performance that does not gradually decrease over time.
Carrier has focused on diversification of air conditioner variants that are best suited for a particular buyer’s segments. The company has 3 sub-categories of air conditioners that differ with features, usability, and operability. The three categories of centralized carrier AC are-
Infinity series air conditioners
The AC units that lie under this category are fully-equipped with the latest and greatest the technology has to offer. They have incorporated Greenspeed technology and are presented as a premium offering to the consumers.
Performance series air conditioners
The performance series units focus more on the qualitative output rather than aesthetics. The models are able to achieve a decent SEER rating and are less noisy than their competitors. They are not super pricey and have marginal operating costs.
Comfort series air conditioners
The Comfort series is an economical solution to residential cooling problems. The variants are quiet and do not burn a hole in the customer’s pocket with absurdly high operating costs. They have to compromise a little in terms of newer advancements in order to justify the cost.
Carrier has an extended AC lineup called Media that specializes in small residential units. The Media lineup contains Split-AC, window AC, that use fixed speed or inverter technology.
Carrier is spearheading the competition with an extensive lineup that is efficient and bankable.
The air conditioning unit is powered by Greenspeed technology that belongs to the company itself. It is an optimization technology that considerably improves the efficiency of the cooling unit.
Carrier air conditioners have few attributes that set them apart from the rest of the competition. These features are as follows-
- Carrier uses Copeland compressors in their air conditioners. Copeland is an expensive brand that builds parts that last long and do not falter easily. Copeland specializes in scroll compressor technology that molds in perfectly with evolving HVAC regulations.
- Copeland compressors are only found in products that want to add a layer of fidelity to their HVAC units. Copeland compressors are costly but make up for their price in the long run with less frequent maintenance issues.
- Carrier’s Greenspeed technology introduced a new humidity control system that works with it to remove moisture from the room. The increase in humidity impedes the HVAC unit’s functioning by making it run at higher power to compensate for the uneasiness.
- Carrier air conditioning units have also recognized the power of AI-optimised products and have ventured in this direction. Greenspeed minimizes the aggressive cycle shifting by the AC unit and runs it at lower power for a longer duration.
- Carrier air conditioners use a Non-ozone depleting Puron refrigerant that does not harm the environment and is cheaper than most refrigerants. Puron elemental properties make it non-flammable and it does not corrode the inside of the coils.
- The Carrier’s high-end lineup is made of heavy-gauge, galvanized steel that does not vibrate much even when operating on maximum power. The material can bear the sometimes ruthless environment easily.
- Wi-Fi enabled– Carrier’s air conditioner support accessibility controls by Wi-Fi, using which users can remotely change between modes, power on/off the unit without manual intervention. The Accu Comfort supports the maneuvering by communicating with the official mobile application.
- Inverter AC – The split air conditioners feature inverter technology that automatically adjusts the flow of refrigerant in the unit. This saves operating power as the AC does not run at full-blast continuously.
Efficiency (SEER Rating)
Carrier’s products strictly abide by the minimum SEER rating policy and can go as high as 26 SEER in the top-tier models. The SEER rating is adversely affected by prolonged infliction of high load on the unit even when the outdoor temperature is less burdening. The SEER is an efficiency rating and is above average in Carrier air conditioners.
The Carrier residential AC unit’s capacity ranges from 1.5-5 tonnes. The smallest unit can cool a room of size 600-1000 square feet. The greatest capacity air conditioners can cool an area of up to 3200 square feet. The AC tonnage should be decided according to the room size. Larger is not always better as its operating efficiency declines if it is used for a much smaller space.
Energy Efficiency Rating
Carrier’s Infinity 20 has an EER rating of 16.5, making it the pinnacle Energy product of the year 2020. The economical models can attain an EER rating of up to 13 and save a little less than the high-end models.
Sound / Noise rating
Carrier air conditioners are somewhat quieter than that of the competitors. The operating demand sets the precedent for noise levels. If the demand is up to 70%, the air conditioning unit will not make much noise. If the unit is operating at full-blast for quite some time, the noise levels will soar as high as 72 decibels. Single-stage compressors tend to make more noise than two-stage and variable stage compressors.
Compression and coils
The Carrier air conditioners use all-aluminum as their primary choice of material for evaporator and condenser coils. The all-aluminum has economized the price of condenser unit and is also an excellent conductor of heat. The only downside of all-aluminum is that it corrodes faster than copper. The increased use of Puron has curbed the corrosion problem and has paved the way for cheaper coils.
The Carrier AC unit incorporates Copeland compressors that are hefty and robust when it comes to long-lasting pieces of equipment. The AC units use single-stage, two-stage, and variable stage compressors to induce variations in the performance of the system.
Installation and maintenance
Installation is provided by the company and reduces the burden on consumers to find an appropriate contractor. Carrier’s installation policy requires the unit to be only installed by a NATE certified HVAC professional that are not easy to find. Carrier supplies the NATE certified professionals who will install the unit at your residence.
Carrier AC requires less maintenance than competitors due to top-notch quality compressors, refrigerants, and much more A-grade components that are embedded in them. However, a periodic check is recommended to find out any irregularities in the system.
The company offers a 10-year parts limited warranty which is only availed by online registration of your product on their website. If the user is not able to complete the registration process within 90 days of purchase, the warranty is reduced to 5 years. They also provide an optional labor warranty that covers labor charges.
- The air conditioners have avant-garde Copeland compressors that put other compressors to shame in case of performance.
- The Carrier’s AC units are made of heavy-gauge, galvanized steel that does not rust and corrode easily.
- The noise emanating from the Carrier AC units is bearable in most cases.
- The installation scheme provided by the company is very convenient for consumers.
- The use of Puron makes it less susceptible to corrosion.
- The installation cost is very high.
- The air conditioning units also cost more due to the use of top-notch components.
- The noise minimization is lukewarm as compared to other competitors.
- The air conditioners do not use copper coils for refrigerant housing and corrode faster than copper.
- The efficient variable stage compressor is only present in a single model.
The Carrier air conditioners will last longer than any other product in the HVAC segment. It is one of the most sought out HVAC brands and delivers well. The units, however, cost a lot more than similar counterparts and can deter users that are on a strict budget. The warranty offerings are admissible, while a little more effort could have gone into design custom warranty plans.